July 13 from 9am – 1pm
The Calvin Gilmore Theater
8901 North Kings Highway Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
You do not need to pre-register for this audition, arrive early on July 13 to claim your place in line. Please see below for full official rules, guidelines and FAQs.
CAROLINA IDOL OFFICIAL RULES 7/13/15
No purchase necessary.
One winner per household.
WFXB will be selecting one (1) contestant to win a guaranteed audition in front of an American Idol Producer (No Cash Value).
HOW TO WIN:
From 9am to 1pm on July 13th 2015 WFXB will hold a talent competition at the Calvin Gilmore Theater in Myrtle Beach. Registrants will have the opportunity to perform one (1) song before a panel of judges at the Calvin Gilmore Theater on July 13th 2015. The contestants will be judged based solely on talent. From the pool of all performers three (3) finalists will be selected by the judges. The judges will then choose one of the three finalists as the grand prize winner. To be eligible to win the three (3) finalists will be required to perform again on the stage of the Carolina Opry during the evening show on July 14th 2015. The winner will be announced during the evening performance at the Carolina Opry by Calvin Gilmore. The winner will receive a guaranteed audition before an American Idol producer in Savannah GA on July 22, 2015. Transportation and lodging will be the sole responsibility of the winner. No purchase necessary.
WMYB (92 Star) will offer listeners a chance to win a front of the line pass to the Carolina Idol Auditions. The front of the line pass allows the holder to bypass the line on July 13th 2015 at the Calvin Gilmore Theater. Front of the line pass holders will receive no preferential treatment in the competition itself. Pass holders must be present by 9am on July 13th 2015 to bypass the line.
WFXB FOX TV will serve as the official sponsor and will be solely responsible for the execution of all elements including official rules. In the event production of AMERICAN IDOL is canceled or postponed, the audition ticket portion of the prizing may be canceled without substitution or compensation therefor.
To win, you must be 15 – 28 years as of June 1, 2015 and be qualified to compete per the AMERICAN IDOL audition rules. No employee of Carolina Opry, WFXB FOX TV, their affiliated companies, his or her spouse, or immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each shall be eligible to win. Immediate family members include, but are not necessarily limited to, parents, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. Employees or relatives of employees, of any television or radio station in the Myrtle Beach Nielsen DMA are not eligible to win. Additionally, Station reserves the right to disqualify any other person from participation in the Contest where such participation would, in the sole opinion of Station, compromise or give the appearance of compromising the integrity of the Contest. No person shall be eligible to win any contest conducted by the Station more than one time in any sixty-day period.
1) The prize winners consent to the use of their name, likeness and/or voice without further compensation for Station?s or Sponsor?s advertising, public relations and promotions purposes. By entering Contest, the winner gives Station and Sponsor full rights in perpetuity to broadcast, or distribute their name, likeness and/or voice, in any edited, distorted or altered form executed by Station, in any media including but not limited to broadcast television, radio and the internet, without any further compensation.
2) The Prize winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes on prize.
3) Station and Sponsor accepts no responsibility or liability for loss or damage due, in whole or in part, to the awarding, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or from participation in the Contest. Winner must sign an affidavit/waiver that releases Station and Sponsor, their affiliated companies and employees, from any and all liability and claims.*Tickets are not to be re-sold or exchanged. If event is canceled for any reason, no substitutions will be made. Producers have no responsibility for any State and/or Federal tax obligations associated with this ticket giveaway. It is the responsibility of each individual to comply with all venue rules relating to attendance at the event. Dates are subject to change and/or cancellation. Fox Broadcasting Company, Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., Fox Entertainment Group, Inc., Fox Networks Group, Inc., FremantleMedia North America, Inc., AMERICAN IDOL Productions, Inc., 19 Recordings, Inc., 19 Entertainment, Inc., CORE Media
Group Inc., and 19 TV Limited, their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, and the officers, directors, employees, licensees and assignees of each and/or WFXB shall not be responsible for any postponed or canceled dates.
4) Failure to provide a valid photo I.D, sign Winner?s Affidavit/Waiver will result in the forfeiture
5) Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable. Prize cannot be substituted for cash value. Station?s decision with regard to all matters relating to Contest, including those matters not specifically addressed in these rules, shall be final. Prize not claimed in accordance with these rules will be forfeited.
6) Finalists will be notified no later than 12:00pm July 14 2015.
7) WFXB FOXTV and Fox Broadcasting Company, Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc., Fox Entertainment Group, Inc., Fox Networks Group, Inc., FremantleMedia North America, Inc., AMERICAN IDOL Productions, Inc., 19 Recordings, Inc., 19 Entertainment, Inc. , CORE Media Group Inc., and 19 TV Limited, their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, and the officers, directors, employees, licensees and assignees of each or their affiliated companies are not responsible for transportation to or from venue or for any transportation or expenses incurred as a result of participation in the contest.
8) Apple and/or Android are not sponsors of or involved in the activity of any contests and sweepstakes listed in this app or website.
There is only one (1) guaranteed audition for one (1) winner per affiliate in front of an
AMERICAN IDOL producer, provided said winner meets all eligibility requirements and
complies with audition rules. The winner will not audition in front of any AMERICAN IDOL
Judge or any AMERICAN IDOL Guest Judge during this guaranteed audition and will not receive preferential treatment for callbacks. Local winner must be determined solely by a
talent-based competition, and must be eligible to audition under the published AMERICAN
IDOL audition rules. Men and women 15-28 years old as of June 1, 2015 who are eligible to
work in the U.S. Some restrictions apply ? please visit americanidol.com for specific
You can come to the venue and register beginning on the morning of the audition day at 9:00 am. Remember, if you wait until the end of audition day to register, you will be one of the last people to register and we may run out of space or time to accommodate you. THERE WILL BE NO OVERNIGHT CAMPING ALLOWED INSIDE OR OUTSIDE ANY OF THE VENUES. Registration does NOT guarantee you the opportunity to audition. You may have one (1) persona accompany you to the audition if they are age 15 or older.
Check the website daily to see if there is any new information for the audition.
Where are auditions?
At The Calvin Gilmore Theater located at 8901 North Kings Highway next door to Dolly Parton?s Pirates Voyage. Please do not arrive any earlier than the dates instructed.
What do we need to bring to registration and what will happen?
When you arrive at the venue on audition day to register, you MUST have two forms of ID that show proof of your age and a photograph (for example, a birth certificate and driver’s license or a birth certificate and a passport or a birth certificate and a school ID card) to register if you plan to have an opportunity to audition. After showing proper ID, you will sign a release and wait for your audition. You will be allowed to have one (1) person accompany you to the audition; however, THAT PERSON MUST ALSO BE PRESENT WITH YOU DURING REGISTRATION. Remember, if you wait until late in the day on audition day to register, you will be one of the last people to register, and we may run out of space or time to accommodate you. NO CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 15 YEARS ARE ALLOWED AT THE AUDITION VENUES.
Does my parent need to accompany me if I?m under 18?
If you are under 18 when you register, a parent or legal guardian MUST be with you during registration. Your parent or legal guardian MUST bring a photo ID (for example, a driver?s license or passport). In addition to their photo ID, if you are accompanied by a legal guardian, as opposed to a parent, your legal guardian MUST bring legal documentation evidencing their relationship with you (for example, a court order). The same parent or legal guardian MUST accompany you to both registration and your audition.
What do I do on audition day?
Once you have registered, you and your one guest (which must be your parent or guardian if you are a minor) will be permitted to wait in the theater. If your birth certificate was not issued in the United States, you should bring proof of your citizenship and/or permanent U.S. residency (for example, green card or naturalization papers). If you are under 18 years of age, you MUST bring your parent or guardian.
What happens after I register?
Once you register you may wait inside the air-conditioned theater and concessions will be available for sale. You should not leave the premises once you are registered so plan on bringing something to help pas the time while waiting.
Can I register for someone else?
No, you have to be present with photo ID to register
Will everyone who registers have the opportunity to audition?
This will depend on how many people register for the auditions, we will cut off registrations when we get to a number we feel is realistic to avoid having large numbers of registrants that cannot audition. There is no guarantee that everyone who registers will be given the opportunity to audition.
Can I bring a musical instrument with me to the first round of auditions?
You may use an acoustic musical instrument the size of a guitar or smaller. There is no guarantee you will be able to perform with your instrument.
If I have a manager for anything entertainment-related or a contract for my performing services, can I still audition?
If you proceed beyond the auditions and/or are selected to participate in the American Idol? competition (currently scheduled to begin in October, November or December 2014), you MUST be able to demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Producer at that time that you do not have any of the following agreements in effect (written or oral):
1)a music recording contract;
2)an agreement relating to the use of your name, voice and/or likeness;
3)an exclusive acting contract; and/or
4)any other contractual arrangement that, in Producer?s sole discretion, would prohibit you from fully participating in the show and/or entering into any contracts required by Producer, including, but not limited to, an exclusive recording contract or merchandising contract.
What can I bring with me to the auditions?
The list below is not exhaustive and even if an item is listed below, the producers and security reserve the right to ask you to remove any such items from the venue. Any items you bring are your responsibility and all bags are subject to search:
-Digital or still cameras (no video cameras)
What should I NOT bring with me to the auditions?
The list of prohibited items below is not exhaustive and even if an item is not listed below, the producers and security reserve the right to ask you to remove any such item from the venue. People in possession of prohibited items will be denied admission to the line and to the venue, and may be subject to immediate disqualification. All bags are subject to search.
-Cans or bottles
-Chairs that do not fold
-Coolers of any kind unless for medical reasons (yes, you?ll have?to prove it)
-Lawn chairs or chaise lounges
-Luggage / suitcases
-Molded plastic chairs
-Video cameras or camcorders of any kind
-Weapons of any kind (including pocket knives and all swords, forged or carved, from any of the middle or modern ages)
No children under the age of 15 years are allowed at the auditions.